The answer starts by learning more about the Dreyfus Equity Income Fund and reviewing your long-term capital appreciation goals, income needs and asset allocation strategy, and comfort level with investment risk.
Dreyfus Equity Income Fund pursues stocks from quality companies with stable and solid business models and the potential to sustain and/or expand dividend payments over time. Investors seeking both growth and current income opportunities may find the Dreyfus Equity Income Fund to be a compelling core option because it seeks to harness the power of dividend-paying stocks.
The Potential Role of Equity Income for Different Types of Investors
The range of investors that may find equity income funds appealing is considerable and includes:
- Cautious equity investors seeking the financial strength of dividend-paying companies.
- More aggressive investors seeking high-quality equities as an income-generating alternative to bond funds.
- Risk-conscious investors seeking an investment strategy to provide protection from ongoing market volatility.
To begin the process, speak to a Dreyfus representative at 1-800-443-9794.
Dreyfus Equity Income Fund in Motion
To appreciate the potential of the Dreyfus Equity Income Fund, it’s helpful to understand how it works.
- DIVERSIFICATION IS AT THE CORE. Fund managers build a portfolio of highly ranked stocks, which emphasize dividend generation without sacrificing diversification. To identify the best growth opportunities, the managers look to be invested in all market sectors in order to seek out the best growth opportunities.
- A CONCENTRATION ON DIVIDENDS. The fund’s focus on regular dividends can help investors who seek monthly income from a more competitive source of current income than lower-yielding bonds. Investors who choose to reinvest their dividends can enhance their portfolios’ growth potential through the power of compounding.
- PORTFOLIO PROTECTION IN DOWN MARKETS. Dividend-paying stocks of quality companies can cushion market volatility and Dreyfus Equity Income Fund managers adhere to a conservative approach to weather a range of market climates. This is why the fund is designed to be an important part of a diversified portfolio, if appropriate.
Experience and Expertise in Complex Markets
Since 1983, Mellon Capital has offered investors a unique approach to dynamic multi-asset allocation. A particular strength is in the equity income arena, where a variety of U.S. and international strategies are actively managed.
Using a time-tested approach, the Active Equity Team seeks to add value through a rigorous stock-selection process. To evaluate the relative attractiveness of stocks, the team utilizes fundamentals-based factors and market signals. The goal is to provide diversified sources of return and deliver solid results that help clients meet their long-term investment objectives.